Monday 7 November 2011

Digipack design

This is the whole of my Digipack design. I think that this fits in with the whole ideology that the band are trying to represent.






Front Cover
I wanted the front cover to be quite neutral and relaxed as that is what the band is and it also fits in with other 'indie' type genre bands. Also, it was important to have them appear on the front cover as the audience need to know who they are and what their style is. I called the album 'Nuclear Physics' as I thought it was quite satirical like the band's persona.
Interior Flap
I think that this works really well because it shows someone having a lot of fun and that they've been messing around with friends. This will be a photo that is taken when we film the powder fight for the actual music video.
Inside Left
I thought this was a really good idea to go on the Digipack as it showed the group having a laugh and having fun with each other, just hanging out and relaxing. Not taking life too seriously, which links in with their ideology. This shot will not be taken when filming as it is not involved in the storyboard, instead there will be a separate photoshoot.




Inside Centre
I chose this for the digipack purely because they are an edgy 'Britpop' band with an 'indie' undertone, so I thought that the Union Jack would be perfect for the band.







Inside Right
I wanted to keep this simple like a lot of other bands have done. I would want it to look like a matte white so that it is kept simplistic but still with an edgy cool look. I included a quote that contains the title of the album which is from their ideology, so that they seem light-hearted and fun.






Back Cover
There is meant to be a backgrond image but you can't see it very clearly because I didn't colour it in. It's of empty bottles and I wanted it to be out of focus so that the attention was mainly on the list of songs. The songs include:



Common People

(It's not) Nuclear Physics
Let's Party
Get Down
Holiday 
One of the Lads
What a Man Wants
Superbad

No comments:

Post a Comment